Monday, June 23, 2008

We're Moving!!

So here is our first post! I know it's about time huh? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to work this thing. I know you don't have to be a genius but if anyone would like to help me out that would be appreciated.
Well about a week and a half ago, Peter got orders to McChord AFB in Washington state. It's near Tacoma. We are supposed to report I think before August 31st. So I'm not sure what all our plans are going to be, how soon we will be leaving here. But I do know that we will be taking a few days on our way there to stop and see family & hopefully some friends in Utah. When I get the information on when we'll be there I'll let everyone know. We are excited about moving, we have been here in Florida for 5 years, but a little nervous too! This is our first PCS and we aren't sure how it's all goes. When we get there, there isn't going to be any housing on base so we will have to live off base for a while and that means I'm going to have to go to work to help make the rent since it's not cheap out there. I guess it's a good thing I got my Cosmetology license! Hopefully the schools will be as good out there as they are here, that is one of the hardest thing's for me about this move, Christian has been in an awesome school for the last three years and we had just gotten Kaylie and Camren in for this next year. That's the way the military works though, as soon as you start to get comfortable or a little settled in your life they up and move you! This is going to be a good thing and we really are excited to be going to a new place and seeing new thing's. Well that's all for now, I'll update when I get more info.

4 comments:

Carman said...

yay!!! you're first post!! Keep up the good work! Remember....don't stress...it will all work out!! =o)

-bRiAnnA dAwN- said...

Hey Pete and Jo!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!! I hope you come see us before you head to washington!! I miss you guys tons and from the pic of your family it looks like you guys are doing good!! Jo you look amazing!! How much weight have you lost?!? I've lost a couple pounds which i'm very glad of!! I hope you guys are doing good!! I'm getting ready to move too and its sucks packing all my stuff, but i'm really excited to go to school and live on my own and stuff! i will have to let you guys know how it goes!! :):) miss ya tons!!

The Olson Gang said...

HEY!! Welcome aboard! It's about dang time girl! :O) I've been wondering what was taking you so long....OK! I'm going to hold you to the "VISIT" in UTAH! Since I miss you every stinkin year! I just hope it isn't the week that I'm at girls camp....for the 22 year...in the 25 we've been married.... I've decided that I must be doing something wrong...can't get out of camp...but that is ok - it could be worse - so I'll take camp! Other than the "MOVING" how is everything else going? Looks pretty dang good! Did you see we got our yard in FINALLY after 11 years!! YEAH NO MORE MUD!!!! well...sort-of....It is so nice! I've forgotten what having a back yard feels like! Now, to get the deck up - that is another project....but it's got to happen soon! The drop off is a bit more than I like! WELL!!!! Keep in touch! And let me know when you will be here! I'll flattin your tires if I have too.... ;O)

Love ya!!

PS - YOU LOOK GREAT!!! GOOD JOB!!!

Hannah :] said...

Any questions just ask me who knows everything there is about blogs since I am obsessed Later!