Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No real news :(

Well, Pete went to work on Monday and when he got home I was a little frustrated. You see he hasn't re-enlisted yet and his original enlistment is up November 19th of this year. He didn't want to re-enlist unless he knew we were going to be going somewhere else (being at a special ops base has be very stressful, with the deployments and the way his shop is ran, we just need to have a change of pace) So needless to say if he didn't get orders to somewhere else he was not going to re-enlist and was going to go to full time guard. OK so because he hasn't signed re-enlistment paper work we can't get his actual orders in hand and until you have your actual orders in hand you can't schedule anything for moving. So he has to go to a "Mandatory" briefing that is all filled up until July 10th and then he can't sign his re-enlistment paperwork until July 22nd. Then after that we can get his orders and make our plans for moving. The frustrating thing is that we HAVE to be to our new base no later then August 31st. Well for me a month is not much time, for those of you who are not military there is a lot of briefings and can I say "crap" that you have to do to move. AAAGGGGHHHH. Some day's I hate the Military! But on a good note I got an e-mail and there was this quote in it:

"The Lord gives us a spirit of hope and a feeling of comfort and confidence that we can overcome the obstacles we face. He has shown the way to gain strength during our struggles. With His assistance, we have the ability to succeed. Listen to His words of counsel and comfort: “Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world and none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost."

So I am going to put my Faith and Trust in the Lord that this is where our lives are supposed to be going and thing's will work out for us no matter how stressful it may seem! And apparently I am in need of more strengthening!

So this is where we're at, no definite plans, but we hope to be leaving here in enough time that we can stay a week in Utah on our way through to visit our Family and Friends.

No comments: