Monday, November 10, 2008

Camren Got His Tonsils Out :0{




Camren got his tonsils out on November 6th. He was such a trooper. He didn't cry when they took him back to go to sleep, when they took me back to see him after the surgery I was the one crying, I felt bad seeing him laying there and he was shaking from the anesthesia but he was fine. I think it was just that he's my baby and I was really tired, we had to be there by 7a.m. which meant we had to be up at 5 so we could leave by 6. It took him about an hour or so to really wake up and he ate a little bit of a popsicle. The nurse had asked me if I wanted a wheel chair for him or if I was going to just carry him and I said I'll just carry him but when he was awake and she asked him if he wanted a wheel chair he was all about that, so we pushed him instead. He is such a sweet little boy and so tuff, it kind of stinks sometimes because you want them to need you and he's to tuff for that, oh well :0( When we were about 5 minutes from home he said to us "Can we go play at Carter's house?" Of course we didn't go play and he did really well the first two days but his throat has definitely been more sore the last two day's. I'm sure he'll feel better by the end of the week and be back to school by next Monday!

3 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

l am glad his surgery went well..

The Olson Gang said...

Oh....poor little guy! I'm glad it went well - and is done! I remember when my 2 older ones had theirs out - it was HORRIBLE!! But...not nearly as bad as the CHICKEN POX!!! now that I think about it! YUCK!!!! Oh...it takes me back years ago!!! Glad I'm out of that stage! OH!!! I'm not!!! Who am I kidding?!?!?!
Well....I'm sure he'll feel better in a few days as well - it seems the middle days are the roughest! But....I'm glad YOU survived! I think it is the worst for mom!

PS - you should have access to our blog - let me know via email if you have any trouble...

Have a fabulous rest of the week!

~SHERI said...

What a tough kid! Sad for you. I think it's always harder on us. Miss you guys!